What are the key takeaways of Qlik and Talend in the MQ for Data Integration?
Some of the strengths that Gartner mentions are:
- Together, the two will be one of the top five in terms of market share and “will offer a complete set of capabilities”.
- Qlik Replicate is highly rated for its ease of use and performance with its CDC data replication.
- Qlik Compose automation capabilities for augmented data integration and the investments in GenAI capabilities promise a lot for self-service data preparation.
- Talend Data Fabric platform (including Talend Studio, Stitch, Talend Big Data, Management Console, API Services, Data Inventory, Pipeline Designer, Data Preparation, and Data Stewardship) offers a rich set of capabilities for the various roles across the organisation.
- The integration of Data Quality and Governance capabilities with the Talend “trust score” and semantic-based data quality available across the products of the suite.
- The cloud-agnostic capabilities make it a technology of choice for those with hybrid or multi cloud deployment.
What are the cautions then?
- The biggest caution is the acquisition itself, what will happen to the existing products and the overlapping functionalities.
Qlik has a history of keeping products alive and respecting their current user base, which was confirmed at the latest meetings I had with the Product Managers. In the meantime, there is a lot of action going on, integrating the different capabilities.
Next year, I think there will only be one Qlik dot in the MQ for Data Integration Tools, “Qlik Talend”. A product suite that combines the strengths from all tools into one offering:
- Replicate and Talend for CDC
- Stitch for Cloud-to-Cloud integration
- Talend Studio, Pipeline Designer, and Data preparation for creating data pipelines with a built-in Data Quality process with Data Stewardship
- API services for creating APIs for other tools to integrate
- Qlik Cloud for Data Warehouse Automation
- Data Catalog with Data Lineage throughout the process
- Qlik Sense for analytics on top of the data
All this fully open to integrate with any other tool on the market and fully cloud agnostic.
Could it get any better?